Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Tuesday, October 24, 2006

They had emos in the 1800's.

Cut off my hand and bury it with my baby.

I went to the library today and signed out quite possibly the nerdiest book EVER.
I signed out Judie Carty's "What's in a name? The origin of Belleville street names"

Basically they all suck, except mine. Moira Street.
Most of them are just names after people and that's it, just because.

This is why Moira Street has its name.

"The many titled Earl of Moira, Marquis of Hastings, Lord Rawdon was a Brittish statesman who served in the American Revolutionary War. Lord Rawdon was born in 1754 and died in 1826. He left directions that, on his death, his right hand should be cut off and clasped with the hand of his deceased wife. His wish was granted."

I think that that is awesome, in an extra creepy romantic kind of way.

No comments: