Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Saturday, September 02, 2006

Experiment Day, 1

The cat's peed on my carpet. I will never get it out, ever.

So, we're having piss issues. What makes this extra annoying is it's not entirely mine or the cats fault.
When we moved into our apartment last year (at this time) the carpets had been cleaned but not well. Over in the nook there is a corner that smells like urine, not so much cat urine, I'm think dog urine. The tennent before us had a cat, a dog and other animals. I'm thinking that the dog/cat used it as a toilet and it was never properly cleaned, problem is now Tweeter and/or Ansel have discovered it and are taking turns marking their spots. Annoying.
I've tried everything, I've scrubbed it mutiple times, fabreezed it, even use rubbing alcohol because I read that that eliminates the smell. So now my living room is scented with Pachuli, rubbing alcohol and a faint snell of cat pee when a breeze strikes it right. I'm going to use baking soda and something called "Nature's Miracle" today as a last ditch effort before I will probably have to get a carpet cleaner in.
As well they've been peeing on the kitchen tiles, it's easier to clean but still annoying nevertheless.
So tonight I'm going to do an experiment. Ansel is going to be locked in the bathroom, with a litter box and food and Tweeter can roam, tomorrow night I'll switch it up. Eventually I'm going to find out who's really doing it and then I'll get them vet checked to make sure there isn't a more serious issue.
Experiment day one begins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there using only one particular spot for peeing try putting some tin foil down over the area. When they spray it bounces back at them (who wants to be covered in their own piss), and they don't like the noise - it might not help the smell, but could stop them doing it.

Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion ( as someone who has 2 cats also ) you could try a second litter box and maybe change the brand of litter. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

oh yes and there are products that they use in horse stalls powders and spray. They will take the smell out :)